Sunday, February 1, 2009

Stuck in a Van With 11 Other People

I had work today. It was way past my personal boundary lines, so I went in the van. I have two shifts next week where I will be in the van. Little did I know that there were two teams going out of town. Did you know you can fit 12 people in a van? News to me! I also get car sick.. sometimes.. if I don't get shot gun... or if I read.. or don't look out the front.. or get distracted. Haha.. so I get car sick a lot. Without thinking I sat in the back, the very back. Wedged between two other people. Ugh. I was repeating *stare.. ahead.. don't think about being sick...*

What's the proper etiquette for sitting in a van full of strangers? Do you talk? Just stare blankly into space until you reach the destination? Sleep? Play car games? I just stared ahead (as ahead as I could.. since I had three rows of people in front of me) for an hour and mentally planned out the next month. I should have brought some paper with me.

Man... I need to find another job. Or win the lottery. The latter would be awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment