Wednesday, February 4, 2009

"You smell like fried food."

Holy sha-moly it's cold out there. I'm slowly regaining the feeling back in my feet. It's hard to tell because I'm so tired and my limbs already feel unattached. I tried to get to sleep at about 11 last night so that I could wake up at around 5:45 to get ready for work. I didn't get to sleep until about 2, and I snapped awake at 5.

I think I'm turning into my mother. She used to say (she still does sometimes) that she gets so worried about.. whatever that she can never sleep. I'm getting there, although it's only at night. During the day I can nap like nobody's business. But at night, I think, and think, and think... existentialism at its best, only at night. I have to work at the same time tomorrow. I hope I get a little more sleep tonight.

I got off work and decided to treat myself to Starbucks. Guess who I bumped into? Nella! But she was just on break and I had to run some errands. I went to get something done... and when I got there the girl said that she couldn't do it. I had to wait until 6 for the lady who.. did that. Damnit. Another thing I have to put off for another day. I'm being so vague because it's an anniversary present. =)

Then I went to the bank to pay a bill. As I hand my bill over to the teller, she says,

"You smell like fried food!"
"Huh? I haven't eaten yet and I've been working at Bargain Shop all morning."
"That's weird. Maybe it's (whispers) that guy."
"Maybe..."

She laughed, and I stealthly smelled the sleeve of my jacket and hair.
Nope. Not me.

No comments:

Post a Comment