Friday, June 5, 2009

Cuz I'm bluffin' with my muffin

I discovered a new youtube channel that I think is going to be a good watch. It's five ladies tracking their weight loss and getting healthy routine. They are extremely brave to be putting it all out there for everyone to see. I admire their courage. I just watched all the introductory videos and a common theme to gaining weight and letting oneself get unhealthy is... MEN! You get into a relationship and you eat what he eats (usually JUNK!) and just lay around together all day and be lazy. The women gain weight and the men just stay the same or.. lose the weight easily. Not fair.

I can totally relate, but I know I am by no means overweight. I am now the correct weight for my height (some have even said it's my "happy weight"), but it's more of a "feeling good about myself" stand point. I have very low energy levels, eat crap, carry all my weight in one area (the muffin/tummy area) and then feel like garbage. So I want to change that by getting active (moderate amount.. because let's face it, we're talking about me here lol), eating better (getting into more raw foods), and just feeling better about myself overall. Calorie counting is not for me. Uh.. no. I like to eat. Watching those calories would just make me feel bad (... that might be why it works!) and I want something that I can continue for.. indefinitely. Calorie counting seems more like a diet to me *shrugs*.

That being said, I started jumping rope. I've been doing it for about a week and I try to do about ten minutes a day. How I let myself get so inactive is beyond me. My last round of jumping.. I must have landed funny or maybe it's a combination of that and me working at 3 bargain type stores this week (which means extra crouching, extra reaching, weird positions to see products) and I felt a sharp pain in my knee. Now it hurts when I go up and down stairs =( so I'm going to have to alter my regime somehow...

Anyway here is the link to the channel ThruThickNThin. Check it out, I think it's good for motivation to keep you going!

=)

No comments:

Post a Comment