Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Automated Voicemail

Can anyone be a morning person? I HATE 6 or 7am start times. HATE THEM. I can never fall asleep til about 1 or 2 or even 3am and I am left with 2-4 hours of sleep.

I hate mornings!

I got off work at about 12:30, and I check my phone, 4 missed calls and 3 voicemails. Seems that someone has been trying to get a hold of me. I check the numbers, its a 1-888 number. I check the voicemails and its an automated message from "Contact services regarding my outstanding Rogers account". I've heard from them before but thought it must have been a mistake because my bill is always paid on time (thanks mom). This was the first time that they called three times in a row, before that it was a random call maybe once every two weeks, and it would stop for about a month.

When I got home I called the number back and asked the ..phone.. person what it was regarding. Here's the conversation:

Me - I just received three automated messages. Something about my "OUTSTANDING Rogers account?"
Lady - Reference number?
M - I don't have one. It was an automated message saying I need to contact you immediately.
L - I need your primary phone number and full name.
M - *gives it
L - This is your number?
M - Yup.
L - What's your name again?
M - ... Rose.
L - Who is Marco _______?
M - No idea.
L - Well he put this as his primary number.
M - That's not me.
L - You sure you don't know him?
M - Um. Yeah.
L - How long have you had this number?
M - Over a year and a half. What kind of company is this? Collections?
L - Why did he put your number?
M - How should I know? If I had an outstanding Rogers account, you wouldn't be able to call me on it.
L - And you don't know him?
M - I don't want to receive any more calls.

*Click*

Annoying. She was giving me attitude the entire time. It made no sense, if I owed Rogers a whole bunch of money, they would cut my phone off! This is not the first time I have gotten calls for this Marco.

I'm changing my number soon.

I called Rogers today and after checking out some phones.. will probably renew my contract with a pretty good plan. You have to say you're going to leave them before they give you the goods. Ain't that always the way?


I like this one, but knowing my luck it probably won't be in the store for me to test. It's also kind of pricey... *Sigh, I keep finding more and more things I need before September.

No comments:

Post a Comment