Friday, July 24, 2009

I Hate Going to Electronic Stores...

Why? Because I always leave with NONE of my questions answered, and empty handed.

I went to Future Shop in the afternoon because I wanted to check out this digital camera that my brother in law recommended. I also wanted to pick up the Season 1 and 2 bundle of 30 Rock.

So I'm in the "Photo" Department, picking up cameras. There was a mother and daughter there as well, and to be honest, they were there before me (albeit 2.5 seconds before.) A worker comes over and chats them up and I actually get.. squished down further along the aisle because of what he's showing them. Fine, I'll check out the other cameras... I picked up every other camera and took pics of the signage, messed with the settings, and came back to the camera I wanted to see. Another worker FINALLY comes over and asks me if I need help. YES I DO. I asked him if he could tell me the difference about these two Canon cameras and the functions. Too bad it's not his department. So I am again waiting...

So after about... 15 minutes of me standing there, clearly in need of some assistance, another worker comes over. I think *SCORE* because this IS his department.

"Can I help you?"
"Yes, I was just checking out these two cameras and wanted to know which one would be better and why."
"I'd say.. this one." *points*
"What's better about it? And I wanted to test out the shot to shot times because I don't want a camera that will lag."
"What?"
" ... Like what is the wait time between actual pictures."
"Oh.. here you can see.. " *picks up camera and takes a picture.. then... clicks and takes another picture*
"Yeah..... but that's not really accurate because there's no memory card and nothing is saved. I want to know the average shot to shot time, with flash because I don't want to have to wait a long time between pictures."
"Oh.. Um I don't really know what that means. I want to be honest and say that I don't really know what the wait is."
I huff.. then just say thanks and walk off.

SHOT TO SHOT TIME? .....
HOW MUCH TIME DO I HAVE TO WAIT TO TAKE NEXT PICTURE? .....

Am I speaking some crazy language that these supposed tech guys don't understand? And picking up the camera and snapping a picture that doesn't save therefore you have to click *cancel* before taking the next picture is not an accurate prediction of the wait time I will have.

Whatever...

Then I walk over to the DVD section and they don't have what I want, when the website fully said that it was in stock at this store. FRUSTRATION!!! I just stormed out of there.

In other news, I'm just in a crabby/depressed mood altogether.

Happy Friday.

No comments:

Post a Comment