Sunday, July 12, 2009

Life Is Unfair.

Last night I made the decision to put Lily down. She's been with us since November. Lily was the sweetest, most loving cat you could come across. When she would lay on me she would reach her arms out to touch my face as she slept. She could always come and sit with you when you called out to her. She loved unconditionally.

Lily was battling pneumonia for about about two and a half weeks. The vet said that there wasn't much that they could do for her. They removed fluid from her lungs to help her breathe, put her on meds and she did get better. She was home for a few days but then suddenly stopped eating again. So I brought her back in to be looked at. Her lungs had filled again and she had been diagnosed with Feline AIDS. The vet said that she must have had it since birth because she wasn't exposed to other cats.

It broke my heart to see her in so much pain. But I feel badly, like what could I have done differently? I said sorry to her over and over. I stayed with her and held her even afterwards. Never have I felt so much pain or sadness. I cried until I couldn't cry anymore. I love and miss her so very much.

No comments:

Post a Comment